• 3 large leeks, washed and chopped
• 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
• 50g butter
• 1 cup parmesan or pecorino cheese, grated
• Salt and pepper
• 500g plain flour
• 1 egg
• 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180-200˚C. Grease a 40 cm baking dish with oil.
2. Boil the potatoes in a medium saucepan until soft. Remove from heat.
3. When slightly cooled, mash with a little butter, salt and pepper.
4. In the meantime, sweat the leeks in a large fry pan with a small knob of butter until soft. Remove from heat.
5. When cool, add the mashed potato mix. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg and mix well.
6. Add the parmesan or pecorino cheese and stir.
7. Using a mixer with a dough hook, combine the flour, egg, some of the oil and water. Mix and make the dough.
8. Roll out the pastry with a rolling pin, making it long enough to overhang your baking dish.
9. Place the long pastry onto the oiled dish and fill with the leek and potato mixture. Wrap it up using the overhanging pastry.
10. Brush the top with olive oil and prick the top of the pastry with a fork.
10. Bake for around 30 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Serve hot or cold.