Pumpkin, mascarpone and Amaretti lasagna
This lasagna flavour is a real Italian classic.
• 1 kg fresh pasta or 500g dry lasagna sheets
• 2 kg Japanese pumpkin
• 1.5L béchamel
• 500g Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
• 300g fior di latte mozzarella, diced
• 150g butter
• 3 garlic cloves
• ½ bunch of sage
• 150g mascarpone cheese
• 50g pepitas
• Chives, chopped
• 100g Amaretti biscuits, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Make the béchamel with a roux of flour and butter (100g each).
3. Melt the butter together with the garlic and sage until golden brown then pass it through a sieve and incorporate it into the béchamel.
4. Cut the pumpkin into small wedges and wrap with aluminium foil. Roast for an hour or until soft.
5. Blitz the pumpkin with a mixer and season with a touch of olive oil, salt and pepper.
6. Preheat oven to 200°C.
7. Make the lasagna by using dry or fresh lasagna sheets.
8. Line every layer with béchamel, pumpkin, grated parmesan, salt and pepper to taste.
9. Once there are five layers, cover the lasagna with a lid or aluminium foil and bake for 30 minutes.
10. Remove the lasagne from the oven and set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
11. Garnish with dollops of mascarpone cheese, mozzarella, toasted pepitas, chives and crushed Amaretti biscuits.