Involtini di pesce spada alla siciliana
This recipe is from the Sicilian town of Calatabiano, which is also my hometown. Several local chefs have their own take on the dish. My style is very simple and easy to prepare, even at home.
• 500g swordfish, thinly sliced
• 300g breadcrumbs
• 1 tomato, diced
• 50g parmesan cheese, grated
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Parsley, chopped
1. Blend the breadcrumbs.
2. Add the tomato, salt, pepper, parmesan and parsley.
3. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over a flat surface, setting some aside.
4. Lay the slices of swordfish over the crumbs and add the remaining crumbs as a filling in the centre of the slices.
5. Drizzle olive oil over the slices.
6. Roll up each swordfish slice and pierce them with skewers to keep them in place.
7. Cook the rolls on the grill, in the oven or in a non-stick pan.
8. Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and a side of salad. Buon Appetito!