For the base:
• 100g butter, melted
• 20g icing sugar
• 250g Digestive biscuits
For the ice cream:
• 200 ml fresh cream, whipped
• 100g whole milk
• 150g cane sugar
• 150g spreadable cream cheese
• Seeds of ½ vanilla pod
• 3 egg yolks
• Peel of ½ lemon
• 10g gelatin
For the berry sauce:
• 250g raspberries, cranberries, blackberries (fresh or frozen)
• 3 tbsp cane sugar
• Juice of ½ lemon
1. Bring milk to the boil together with 50g sugar, lemon peel and vanilla seeds. Set aside for 2 hours to cool. Remove the lemon peel.
2. Beat the egg yolks with the remaining sugar (100g) until light and frothy. Add the milk and cream cheese and combine using a spoon. Pour into a saucepan and cook over very low heat, stirring regularly.
3. Once mixture has thickened, allow it to cool. Meanwhile mix the gelatin in a teaspoon of water and melt in the microwave. Incorporate the gelatin and whipped cream to the egg and cheese mixture. Transfer to ice cream maker and churn for an hour.
4. To prepare the base, combine the crumbed biscuits with the icing sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the butter. Line the base of a spring-form tin with the crumb mix, pressing it down evenly. Freeze for an hour.
5. To make the sauce, put the berries, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan and cook until a light red syrup has formed. Cool.
6. Assemble the cheesecake by pouring the ice cream onto the cold biscuit base. Level the surface and set in the freezer for 3 hours.
7. Pour over the berry sauce and serve.