• 1 rabbit (about 2 kg) cut into pieces
• 50g black and green olives
• 1-2 tbsp tomato purée
• 1 handful of pine nuts
• ½ glass white wine
• 1 bay leaf
• Extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat oil in a pan and brown the pieces of rabbit. Season with salt and pepper before moistening with the wine. Once the alcohol has evaporated stir in tomato purée and bay leaf.
2. Douse with hot water and cover. Cook over medium heat, gradually adding more water, as needed. After about 20 minutes, toss in the pitted olives and cook for a further 30 minutes. Don’t allow the liquid to reduce too much. There should still be some liquid on the bottom of the pan.
3. Lightly toast the pine nuts under the grill. Stir toasted pine nuts into the rabbit stew before removing pot from heat. Serve warm.