• 6 large artichokes
• 4 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
• 100g pecorino, grated
• 1 garlic clove, chopped
• 1 lemon
• Extra virgin olive oil
1. Firstly, clean the artichokes: remove the hard leaves, the stems and the fine yellow bracts. Trim the tops and sides, removing any green parts and then remove the furry choke.
2. Slice the artichokes and soak them in lemon water.
3. Preheat oven to 200˚C.
4. In a large pan, sauté the garlic and artichoke.
5. Add the parsley and a little water every now and again.
6. Add the potatoes and continue to cook.
7. Grease a tray with oil and dust with breadcrumbs.
8. In a small bowl, combine the pecorino with some breadcrumbs.
9. Spread the artichoke and potato mixture along the base of the tray. Season with oregano, salt and the pecorino mixture.
10. Sprinkle breadcrumbs across the surface and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
11. Bake for around 30 minutes or until golden brown.