Granata holds a BA in Sustainable Development focused in renewable energy and community development from Murdoch University, and has been delivering personalised solar evaluation and community workshops for local Inner West residents for more than four years.
Held at the Petersham Bowling Club, winner of the Sustainable Innovation Award in the 2018 Inner West Business Environment Awards, the evening will provide the opportunity for residents to connect with solar experts and take steps toward installing solar on their property.
Free pizza is a plus.
During the session, participants will have the chance to:
- Hear about one person’s solar journey
- Learn how to read bills to calculate energy needs
- Identify whether a rooftop receives enough sunlight for solar panels
- Find out what size system is needed and what it might cost
- Find out how to reduce the impact of solar on heritage buildings
- Learn about batteries and hot water systems
- Learn how to find a reputable contractor to install a system
Other experts present will be Adam Corrigan, founder of Your Energy Friend and consultant to Our Energy Future, Utkarshaa Varshney, PhD Candidate and UNSW Photovoltaic & Renewable Energy Engineering and Sinclair Croft, Council’s Heritage Specialist.
The Green Living Centre is a sustainability initiative that aims to inspire, motivate and support the local Inner West community to be environmentally healthy and sustainable.
Over 4000 Inner West residents have already cut their energy bills by going solar.
With 11,667 persons of Italian ancestry counted as living in the Inner West area at the 2016 census, it’s the perfect opportunity for the community to make a real environmental difference in Sydney.
Register for the event online.