• 500g aged Montasio cheese, coarsely grated
• 500g potatoes, peeled and grated
• 200g onions, finely sliced
• Extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat some olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon.
2. Add the potatoes and cook for another 10 minutes.
3. Incorporate the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
4. Cook for around 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally to make sure the cheese is completely melted. Remove from the heat.
5. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large and shallow non-stick pan.
6. Pour the cheese mixture evenly into the pan, eliminating any extra fat.
7. Cook over high heat, without stirring, like an omelette.
8. Once a crunchy crust has formed, flip it and cook on the other side.
9. Place onto a dish and cut into small pieces. Serve with polenta.