• 100g pre-cooked beans
• 100g smoked pancetta, chopped
• 150g tomato passata
• ½ garlic clove, chopped
• 1 sprig of rosemary
• 250g cornmeal
• 1 L water or vegetable stock
• Extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pan and sauté the pancetta, garlic and rosemary.
2. Add the beans and let them soak in the flavours.
3. Remove the rosemary and add the tomato passata. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the polenta: in a saucepan bring the water (or stock) to the boil.
5. Pour in the corn meal and cook the polenta.
6. Add the bean mixture and stir well.
7. Leave to infuse before serving hot.