• 400g plain flour
• 4 eggs
• 1/2 cup Mistrà
• 2 tbsp sugar
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the caramel:
• 200g honey
• 150g sugar
• 100g peeled almonds, toasted and chopped
• Zest of 1 lemon
• Zest of 1 orange
• 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tbsp lard
1. In a large dish, combine the flour, egg, sugar, oil, a few drops of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
2. Stir to create a soft dough and then divide it into small balls the size of chickpeas.
3. Heat oil and lard in a pan and fry the balls, turning them often, until golden brown.
4. Drain them on paper towel.
5. For the caramel, cook the sugar and honey in a pan, adding the lemon and orange zest.
6. Combine the fried balls, almonds and caramel and stir gently.
7. Pour the mixture into lightly greased Bundt pan. Set aside to cool.
8. Once cooled, cut into pieces and serve.