• Bread dough
• Chopped dried figs
• Dried chilli
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C.
2. Roll the bread dough out to a very fine sheet.
3. Spread the lard over the dough or grease it with oil.
4. Combine the mint, oil and salt to create a pesto.
5. Cover the dough with the pesto and sprinkle with some chilli.
6. Distribute the figs onto the dough.
7. Roll the dough to create a long sausage shape.
8. Cut the dough into 8 cm-long pieces.
9. Using three pieces, layer one on top of the other. Repeat until all pieces are used.
10. Press the dough down to create flat, round discs.
11. Bake until golden brown.