• 500g Colomba
• 250g mascarpone
• 2 tbsp honey
• 4 eggs
• 1 cup coffee
• 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
• 40 g flaked almonds
1. Separate the yolks from the whites. Add the honey to the egg yolks and stir until smooth and creamy, then add the mascarpone and mix evenly.
2. Whip the egg whites until stiff, add them to the mixture and mix them gently with a whisk, until it is a very soft cream.
3. Cut the Colomba into a finger thick slices, soak it with coffee and arrange on a serving plate. Cover with a layer of mascarpone cream. Complete with another layer of sliced cake and continue until you exhaust all the ingredients. Finish with a final layer of mascarpone cream.
4. Decorate by dusting the surface with cocoa powder and sliced toasted almonds. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.