• 500g Colomba
• 500g frozen peaches
• 1 cup apricot or peach jam
• 1/2 cup sweet liqueur, such as limoncello, or apricot or peach juice
• 2 cups ricotta cheese
• 230g mascarpone cheese
• 6 tablespoons sugar
• Whipped cream
• Chocolate Italian Easter eggs, broken into pieces
1. In a bowl, combine the peaches with the jam and liqueur and stir until the jam becomes liquid.
2. In another bowl, beat the ricotta, mascarpone, and sugar until smooth and creamy. Fold in whipped cream to taste.
3. Line the bottom of a 2-litre glass bowl with cake pieces. Top with some of the peaches and their liquid. Spread with a layer of the whipped cream mixture and sprinkle with chocolate.
4. Repeat the layers, ending with the whipped cream mixture on top and reserving some of the cake for garnish. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. Garnish with more chocolate and diced pieces of cake just before serving.