• 150g panettone (Italian Christmas fruit cake)
• 100g plain yogurt
• 1 sachet of Italian baking powder (16g)
• 40g butter
• 20g caster sugar
• 2 apples
• 1 egg
• Milk, if needed
1. Roughly crumble the panettone into a bowl. In another bowl, beat together the egg, sugar, baking powder and yogurt.
2. Pour the egg mixture over the panettone crumble. Allow it to fully absorb the liquid.
3. Meanwhile, peel the apples and dice finely. Add the apple pieces to the pandoro mixture and combine. If the mixture is too dense, add some milk.
4. Spoon the mixture into greased muffin tins and bake in moderate oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes.