• 1 pandoro (Italian Christmas bread)
• 250g mascarpone cheese
• 50g icing sugar
• 4 tbsp rum
1. Cut the pandoro horizontally into 2cm-thick slices. Use a cookie cutter to obtain 18 discs (3 discs per portion).
2. Arrange on a tray lined with baking paper and toast in oven for a few minutes at 180°C until both sides are golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
3. Prepare the mascarpone cream by combining the cheese with the rum and icing sugar in a bowl. Mix to a smooth but firm consistency.
4. To make the “mille-feuille”, use one disc as the base. Pipe the mascarpone cream over the base then place another disc over the cream. Add another layer of cream and top with a disc.
5. These little delights can be decorated with more mascarpone cream, whipped cream, chocolate ganache or simply a dusting of icing sugar.