• 500g di strozzapreti pasta
• 200g crumb of day-old bread
• 3 garlic cloves
• Extra virgin olive oil
• 30g dried red peppers
1. In a deep frying pan sauté 2 cloves of garlic in a generous amount of oil.
2. Meanwhile blitz the bread and add to the pan when oil is hot enough after discarding the garlic. As soon as the breadcrumbs turn an amber colour, remove pan from heat.
3. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water. Fry the dried peppers in abundant hot oil with the garlic and a pinch of salt. Allow three seconds only per side to avoid scorching the peppers. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
4. Drain the strozzapreti and return to the pot. Stir in the fried crumb and the peppers and serve.