• 1 Panettone, sliced into 2 cm round pieces
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup milk
• Butter, as needed
• 250g fresh berries
• Ice cream and maple syrup, to taste
1. Preheat the waffle iron to a medium-high setting and brush with a little butter.
2. Whisk eggs and milk in a large, shallow bowl.
3. Dunk a slice of panettone into the egg mix, coating both sides.
4. Hold the panettone slice in the air to drain any excess liquid and avoid the bread from turning soggy.
5. Place the panettone into the waffle machine, and softly close the lid without pressing down.
6. Cook until dark golden brown.
7. Repeat with the remaining slices.
8. Top with a scoop of ice cream, a handful of berries and a drizzle of maple syrup.
9. Serve warm.